Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Tree function tab removed.
Tree function tab removed.

2274 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-29 15:51:03

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter
    2015-09-22 16:34:56
     I installed MaxiSYS  update 1.30 last week. The tool still works great for me as always, but I noticed that the "Tree" function tab is now gone from the auto scan screen. It's a damn shame. That was the one feature that I hoped Autel would have fixed. It would have made network diagnostics better. If that function is added to and functions in the MaxiSys Elite, I'm gonna be sorely disappointed with Autel. Then again, I've been working under the assumption lately, that the MaxiSYS is just a test bed to polish up the software and functions for the MaxiSYS Elite when it finally arrives.

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-09-22 17:03:14 (Reply to:ifgshooter)

Thanks for the info.  What did autel say they changed in update 1.30? Im still running 1.28 with about a month to go on updates. Want to see how things go before I do any updates.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-09-23 03:22:54 (Reply to:hondaman219)

Hello, here is what's new in V1.30:
    1. Improved the BT Communication function.
    2. Fixed the problem of garbled PDF file of Test Report in Russian version."

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-09-23 03:39:24 (Reply to:ifgshooter)

I am sorry, because the Tree function is very difficult to develop and it will be not available in near future, we removed this tab from the current system version, just for avoiding the misunderstanding. Sorry and hope you can understand.

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter
    2015-09-23 12:34:23 (Reply to:Support02)
     Appreciate the heads up, Support. I understand that this is one of the harder bits of software to develope. The tree function was what finally sold me on the MaxiSYS. Even though it's not there, I can live without this feature for the time being, Still love my MaxiSYS. Hopefully after all the other little issues are ironed out on the unit, the engineers can complete work on the tree function.

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-09-26 06:06:56 (Reply to:ifgshooter)

don't hold your breath waiting for the tree function. I have had this tool for a year now and have seen no effort to develop the function. Autel removed this function so future users would not know is even existed.  Well at least they removed the useless tab.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-09-27 04:25:23 (Reply to:hondaman219)

I still hope you will keep working on the tree function however. Databus problems seem to become more and more common in current vehicles and start to become a challenge we could use a hand with (tool functions) to diagnose faster (instead of digging out modules to do even basic testing, we could do with a tree overiew of available units and test results on the databus done by a tool). Even if it would just give you a first direction. Would have great ideas of how to put such a tool together but cannot program it myself, but you guys are brainiacs who can!

Your first impressions looked great, keep pushing guys/girls

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter
    2015-09-29 15:51:03 (Reply to:hondaman219)
     Still though, it would have been a nice feature to have. It's just disappointing to get the remnants of a non-working promised feature in a tool, when they could have removed it all together before it was released to the public. As far as new users not ever knowing about it, they can google MaxiSYS pics to see some pre-release tree function demo screens.
  Total1 Pages